Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-26-2017, 12:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "I see the confusion continues." The yes or no question was in reference to if you wanted to explain why M855 was a poor choice.

Seriously?  Simply repeating it is a poor choice over and over isn't much of an explanation.  You're just repeating yourself.

Whether the round has a steel penetrator or a copper base that penetrates up to 22 inches of ballistics gel you still have the same problem you have thus far avoided explaining.

In your opinion, the average gun owner doesn't know what a choke is, but they will concern themselves with this level of pedantry?

So far you've made a lot of false assumptions about what I believe and attributed a lot of false claims I've never made while dolling out one insult after another about my intelligence.  The latest of which is do I really think all rounds are created equal.  You would have to be "insane" and "trolling" to suggest I believe such nonsense.  You're the one who made the blanket statement that the whole AR argument exists because of the one stop incapacitating power of a rifle round over a handgun round is indisputable.  But, you have disputed your own claim.  There are rifle rounds that don't have the same one stop incapacitating power of a handgun round. M855 being one of them.  A handgun with "JHP, fragmenting and pre stressed jacket ammunition options" (such as a Lehigh Defense .45 acp maximum expansion round) is a superior choice to an AR with M855.  That is a handgun to rifle round comparison which was your original comparison.

Except when the increased muzzle velocity of the rifle causes a through and through wound, right?

I hate when I'm wrong, too.

I'll boil this back and forth down to this down to this; given the choice, for home defense, would you use M855 or a JHP or similar type round in your AR?

I love the lehigh defense ME in .45 ACP.  Have it loaded in magazines for all three of my .45s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-26-2017, 01:15 PM