Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Article about NFL Free Agency Spending/Winning
(02-27-2017, 01:29 AM)samhain Wrote: A fair point, but it's also worth noting that their two most active years in FA were also pretty successful.  Marvin's first year netted James, Thornton, Hardy, Powell, and probably someone I'm forgetting.  James and Thornton were major contributors for a long time.  The others were mere role players, but all in all it was far from a bust venture.

The second instance was the lockout year in 2011, i.e. year 1 of the Dalton-Green era.  This team was predicted to go 3-13 and was largely a laughingstock before they started playing games.  They added Lawson, Clements, Howard, Mays, and then the fake Whitner signing, lol.  They replaced 2/3 of their starting linebacking corps.  They made the playoffs vs huge preseason odds.  Lawson was solid and hung around for a little bit and Howard was pretty good.  if not for his tragic death, who knows?  Not exactly disastrous signings there, either.   

Thanks for mentioning Clements. I had forgotten all about him. I'll edit my post and include his 2 yr deal.

Lawson was one the the good one year deals that I referred to and Mays was a trade. Howard had a good first year and then tore his ACL, if I remember right. But yeah, he was a solid player.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Article about NFL Free Agency Spending/Winning - Bengalholic - 02-27-2017, 02:18 AM