Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-27-2017, 12:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Understandable.  My family is career military going back generations so you can imagine the firearms that they've picked up along the way.  Some of the firearms my dad sold make me weep.  If I might make a suggestion if you do buy a semi-auto, look at CZ.  My CZ SP-01 tactical, in 9mm, is my favorite pistol.  As you're a bit of a traditionalist, it's steel frame and slide, no polymer.  It's also accurate as hell, I can dump all 18 rounds into the 9 ring or better at a nice rate of fire. 

Of course, you talk to another gun guy and you'll get a completely different answer.

I'm a big fan of SIG and H&K, but a friend of mine had a CZ and I didn't have any issues with it. I'm not averse to polymer, though. I can't deny that I view some of my older firearms not just as tools, but as works of art. That being said, I can only go so far with that because I do use them in some conditions that wreak havoc on them. My Remington 788 is scratched all to hell from crawling under barbed wire to get to a good spot. Though what my father did to our 10 gauge I will never understand, he painted over the wood stock and black barrel with OD green. This was before I was ever born, but still. I do have a polymer stock for my 870, though, mainly because the original stock took such a beating over the years.

Anyway, right now I've been looking at a Walther that my wife has actually shot one of and liked it. So we shall see.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - Belsnickel - 02-27-2017, 12:45 PM