Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing to Put Money into a Clunker
(03-02-2017, 08:03 AM)xxlt Wrote: And I am going to go ahead and say it now. It does make more economic sense to drive and repair the old car. The cost of repairs is still less than the cost of a car payment, and your new car will depreciate rapidly. A car is a mode of transportation and not an investment in almost all cases. And, if it is an investment you are cautioned against driving it.

NFL players on the other hand... yeah if you can get Mauluga like performance from a draft pick or undrafted free agent for pennies on the dollar, by all means you should.

Especially when you have the ability to do the repairs yourself....saving even more money.  I am a stickler for routine maintenance as well.  Once I find a vehicle that is reliable...and I get comfortable working on it....I don't get rid of it.  I've had my CRX since 98....and my 2001 Dodge since 2002.  The CRX has nearly 300k on it....the truck has 205k.  I did put an engine in the CRX a few years ago. The engine was 300 bucks from a boneyard and I put it in for free in my garage.  It doesn't get much cheaper than that.

The Bengals bit is spot on though.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continuing to Put Money into a Clunker - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-02-2017, 08:24 AM