Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth - Ready to Move On?
I was listening to the PFF Pro Podcast (Link: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pff-podcast/) this morning, and they began discussing Andrew Whitworth for a few minutes(right around the 7 minute mark for those interested in listening). This particular podcast was actually published before the franchise tag deadline (I'm a little behind) but they mentioned on their they thought Whitworth was a candidate for the franchise tag. Obviously the time for this has passed, and the Bengals did not tag him.

What I found most interesting was their reasoning. They said that Cincy simply couldn't let him slip away and they didn't think we would be able to get him to agree to contract to stay. They said Cincy treated him so badly when they decided to move on from him with the draft picks that he is ready to leave.

Quite frankly, this is the first time I've heard of Whitworth being treated badly by the organization, in addition to hearing that he wants to leave. Everything else I've heard indicates he wants to stay if possible. Anybody else heard anything along these lines?

Nonetheless, our local beat writer Paul Dehner Jr. had this to say yesterday:

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Andrew Whitworth - Ready to Move On? - NKYRob - 03-02-2017, 11:21 AM