Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallers and Risers Pre Combine Predictions
(03-02-2017, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: JT Barrett? I'm sorry, but a QB that hasn't ever passed for even 3000 yards did not have an "elite" year. His game works in college, it won't work in the NFL.

If you're going to say JT Barrett had an elite year with 2834 passing yards, 938 rushing yards in 2014, and 45 total TDs (his best year), you have to then say Chad Kelly had an elite year in 2015 with 4042 passing yards, 500 rushing yards, and 41 total TDs.
Heck, Johnny Manziel, who is already out of the league and was a bad starter, put up over 4500 total yards and over 45 total TDs each year at Texas A&M. It's extremely difficult being a running QB in college then transitioning to the NFL.
To be a successful QB in the NFL, you have to pass much more than you run.
To have an elite QB year, to me, you have to eclipse 4000 total yards with at least 3500 of them being passing yards.

U have to remember that was the same year zeke ran all over college, not to mention the bu keyes are a run first team. I actually really like kelly. I was never propoaitioning the fact that barrett would be a starter, he wont. But i think he could be a decent backup.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fallers and Risers Pre Combine Predictions - Jpoore - 03-02-2017, 12:05 PM