Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth - Ready to Move On?
(03-02-2017, 06:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I can't remember exactly how it played out, but Whit didn't seem happy after the 2 tackles were drafted. I think he or his wife hinted at his unhappiness on Twitter and later tried to play it off like it was a joke or something. Anybody remember what I'm talking about?

Yeah, and some other quotes from him during that time:

"Mess up and draft somebody at my position because you are going to sit around and watch him sit the bench."

"I wish that there had been [conversations with myself and the Bengals about drafting tackles], but I'm a big boy, I can handle it. This is my football team, I'm the captain of it. I've been the leader of it for a long time and don't plan on letting that change."

"[When the team says] we'd like you to be the leader of our football team, but we'd also like the best situation possible for us to talk to you when we want to, that's a one-way street and not really top-of-the-line in customer service. But it is what it is. Hopefully one day that conversation will be had and I'll be here."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Whitworth - Ready to Move On? - Bengalholic - 03-02-2017, 07:23 PM