Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff sessions didnt disclose russian meetings
(03-02-2017, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your interpretation aside. Being open-minded to me means innocent before guilty and not always assuming the worst.

Fair enough.
There might come a time when a democrat says something where I might remind you of these exact words.

(03-02-2017, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It comes down to 2 choices here:

1) You don't believe Sessions deliberately deceived Congress

2) You  do believe Sessions deliberately deceived Congress

Only the individual truly knows what he or she believes. That person then has to look in the mirror and ask themselves am I being true to my beliefs and their motivation for doing so.

My belief is that he did not deliberately deceive congress. What is yours? 

Right - I don't know. Not really knowing, I do not share your belief, and that has nothing to do with the political color. The reason for my belief is that the question couldn't have come as a surprise. That Russian contacts will come up in the hearing was quite clear and obvious.
So he didn't just forget in this very moment confronted with an unexpected question; he must have forgotten through the whole preparation for the hearing, and I have a hard time believing that.
Plus, he actually rushed to say he didn't have any contact - when he wasn't even asked directly if he had. As if it was a prepared statement in the first place. That last point is not as strong as the first one, but in the sum of it all... I think he deliberately misled congress. Circumstances point to that. But I can't know for sure, that much is admitted. Dubio pro reo in court, but not on the political stage.

- Best possible scenario for him, he made a blunder. Which doesn't shed the best of lights on him too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff sessions didnt disclose russian meetings - hollodero - 03-03-2017, 06:52 AM