Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were not as good a drafting team as everyone thinks
(03-02-2017, 06:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Clint Boling....4th round...solid starter
Kyle Cooke....undrafted free agent...solid starter (often mentioned among "Pro bowl snubs")
Stacy Andrews....4th round....got a $40 million free agent contract (in 2009 dollars)
Nate Livings....undrafted free agent...got a $19 million contract in free agency (in 2012 dollars)
Anthony Collins...4th round....got a $30 million contract in free agency (in 2014)

And the proof of how good PA is as a coach is looking at how many of these players performed under other O-line coaches after they earned big money contracts and left the Bengals.

Most of those players weren't that good here either. Livings was a turnstile....what Dallas was thinking is beyond me. Collins was serviceable....Tampa reached and failed.  oSome of these guys were masked by upper level talent around them. Boling.....I've already shown you numerous times that he was rated as one of the best guards in his class....and projected as high as the 2nd round going into the draft....and provided links.  Cook had one decent year.....and was a big reason Palmer took a beating.  I don't recall pro bowl talk....but that's been a few moons ago.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were not as good a drafting team as everyone thinks - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-03-2017, 07:47 AM