Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were not as good a drafting team as everyone thinks
(03-03-2017, 07:47 AM)Wyche Wrote:  Boling.....I've already shown you numerous times that he was rated as one of the best guards in his class....and projected as high as the 2nd round going into the draft....and provided links.

And I have provided links that show that those projections were wrong because he was taken in the fourth round.

(03-03-2017, 07:47 AM)Wyche Wrote:   Cook had one decent year.....and was a big reason Palmer took a beating.  I don't recall pro bowl talk

This just is not true at all

Pat Kirwan after the  2010 season had Cook ranked close to the top five at OC in the league. 
 http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8205178d/article/protect-and-serve-nfls-best-olinemen-come-in-all-forms

There are a number of young O-linemen close to the top 25, and by this time next year they should make the list. Keep an eye on Cleveland's Alex Mack, Cincinnati's Kyle Cook, Seattle's Russell Okung, New England's Sebastian Vollmer, St. Louis' Rodger Saffold, and Houston's Eric Winston.

Also Cook only allowed 4 sacks in his first 48 starts.  He was a good center.  Too many people are blinded by their hatred of Paul Alexander, so through "confirmation bias" they see every Bengal O-lineman as being bad.  And this just is not true.  Over and over again we see other NFL teams give good contracts to Bengal O-linemen, but apparently none of these NFL teams have any idea what they are doing.  Maybe they don't know that PA plays piano, because that is one of the big factors a lot of the haters use to insult his coaching ability. 

In fact some people are so obsessed with PA that they bring up his name in every single thread no matter even if it has nothing to do with the O-line.  It is kind of creepy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were not as good a drafting team as everyone thinks - fredtoast - 03-03-2017, 11:52 AM