Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff sessions didnt disclose russian meetings
(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's just say we're looking at it from 2 different angles (surprising I know). Let's concede all these things:

We know that unsecure emails are hacked all the time

We know Russia hacked the DNC emails

We know Hillary deleted 30,000 emails after she was told to turn over her server for evidence.

That sounds about right. [Just for the record, I never defended Hillary on that one.]

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now why would somebody that is truly concerned about National Security care that Russia showed what they can do?

As you said yourself. There's not much behind it. Podesta's password was what, password? It's not that surprising that they can technically do it. The surprising thing is that they actually released the emails to the public.
Putin "could" also come to the US and openly campaign for Trump (or for whom ever). It's not a matter of mere ability to do things. It's a matter of showing that there are clear consequences when a foreign power gets involved in your elections or broadly speaking, in your domestic affairs.
Russia or whoever simply should have no business doing that. Imho. Wouldn't you agree?

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks keep coming back to they "influenced the election".

Well, they tried...! What other reason could there be. If they actually did influence the election, I don't know. My guess would be "no".

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They only did so by releasing stuff that happens all day, every day. The DNC got caught red-faced and is trying to divert the blame.

Maybe so. But the topic is to be regarded independently from the DNC and what they want to hide or whatever they want. Trump makes it about that too, but it really shouldn't be. And from a leader for "all Americans" I would expect a wider perspective. That's my angle.

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I for one am glad Russia has been exposed, as we can learn valuable lessons when we send traffic more sensitive than "yoga lessons".

Sure. The good within the bad. Nothing wrong with learning the lesson. But that alone doesn't make it a "good" thing overall, I'd say.

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is much to do about nothing. But the Dems apparently want their Bengazi; another endless investigation that I thought was stupid. But the public feeds the monster. Do we think the Dems will point out how much these Russian investigations cost?

I take the wait and see approach on that one. Right now I honestly have no idea how deep the administration's involvement in the Russia thing really is. If there is deep and bothering involvement, then it better be exposed. After it's all just a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors as you assume, they probably won't point out the costs, no. That's your side's job :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff sessions didnt disclose russian meetings - hollodero - 03-03-2017, 09:45 PM