Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
(03-04-2017, 09:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I had to go back to some of his tape after seeing his 40 because I wondered if he was really getting constant separation with that speed.
What I found is that he was always beating coverage, often making good catches, and CONSTANTLY making defenders miss once he gets the ball in his hands.
One thing that I noticed was that he was often having to slow down and/or come back to the QB for underthrown balls. Had he been hit more in stride, he would have had better numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJWauEzbIJQ

It's also worth mentioning how effective Ross is as a KR. He scored a KR TD every single season in college, 4 total in 3 years. He averaged 24 yards per KR.
While I like Erickson as the returner, JR can still occasionally take reps at KR and back up that role if anything happened to Erickson. That way, Adam Jones wouldn't have to be in that role if he's still on the team come Week 1, or JR fills the backup KR void if Jones is cut.

Some are mentioning Dalton won't have time to throw for Ross to be effective, but Ross is not just a deep threat. He has elite quickness, agility, and separation to get open early, which should just further help the offense given we're expecting the same (or worse) OL performance in 2017.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Combine Results - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends - ochocincos - 03-05-2017, 12:03 AM