Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
(03-05-2017, 04:08 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Jake butt in the third.... A first rounder if not for the injury. Jason witten 2.0
Well hell run it at his pro day. I feel like something was holding him back at this combine nagging injury etc. He didnt participate in any of the agility drills as well as the 40.

Here's why Mike Williams wouldn't run the 40. 
Mike Williams Wrote:Long season...[I] haven't had much time to prepare for it, so I'm going to take this week and next week to prepare for it and run it at my pro day.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18815725/mike-williams-clemson-tigers-run-40-yard-dash-scouting-combine-says-run-pro-day\\

I just don't buy it. Most often, players run the 40 at the combine regardless, then decide to run again at pro day based on how they do at the combine.
To me, it sounds like he was worried he'd run a poor 40.

I trust the combine 40 timing more than pro days. Neutral location, doing it with more than just your teammates, not used to the field. Besides, the 40 times at pro days are all hand-timed IIRC. Combine is laser timed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Combine Results - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends - ochocincos - 03-05-2017, 10:54 AM