Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else?
(03-05-2017, 04:51 PM)BigSeph Wrote: 1) He lost 1 fumble when he was strip sacked after 2 seconds.  In the pouring rain.  The pick was a wounded duck, thrown in the pouring rain w/ no gloves.  Rookie mistake.

2) Roethlisberger "sucked" most of the game too, and could easily have had a fumble (Burfict sack) and an INT (the one that hit Rey in the face in the redzone).  But he's a veteran and didn't take many chances with the ball.

3) How many 4th quarter drives to put the Bengals ahead has Andy Dalton led in the playoffs?

4) You can't win games if you don't play.

He had the Bengals ahead @ Denver in a primetime game, they lost.  Eifert dropped a pass that hit him in the hands wide open on a big 3rd down, AJ Green quit on a route that would have been a TD late in the 4th.  Burfict got a stupid 15-yard penalty in OT.

Like I said, you put Tom Brady on this team with a coach like Marvin and players like Burfict and Jones and WRs and TEs quitting on routes and dropping passes that hit them in the hands and see what happens.  Tom Brady would lose his mind and scream at every single one of them, and guess what?  He'd lose the same games because he can't catch passes and he can't play defense.

You guys pin all this on AJM with zero context whatsoever, giving every other player a pass for their stupid bonehead plays and only remembering the result.  Context matters - if an offense puts up 60 points and loses because the defense allows 63, I don't see how you downplay what the QB did.

But you guys find a way, consistently.  Your post is a perfect synopsis of how it goes -you bring up all negatives and even when you admit a positive (he led a couple 4th quarter drives) you have to throw in an insult at the end (after sucking most of the game).

And then you imply that because AJM didn't win games, he's not a "winner."

He didn't drop passes, he didn't lose 2 fumbles in the playoff game, he didn't quit on routes, he didn't get stupid 15-yard penalties.  And he's not perfect either, he made mistakes.  But I and many others see a great deal of potential in AJM as a starting QB in the NFL, including other teams asking about him now, and the Bengals themselves who are unwilling to let him go for less than a 2nd.

They know what you have.  I know what you have.  Too bad the "fans" of this organization have no clue.  And it's because it takes more than a QB to win football games - the players you give a pass when it comes to context around AJM's losses, they share just as much if not more blame than AJM himself.

If Hill doesn't fumble, if Hue calls better plays, if Marvin calls for QB kneels, if Burfict or Jones had a few extra brain cells, if Whit blocks Jones for more than 2 seconds flat, you and everyone else looks at AJM a completely different way.

If Eifert doesn't drop a wide open 3rd down pass, if AJ Green doesn't quit on a route, if Burfict doesn't get yet another stupid 15-yard penalty in OT, you and everyone else looks at AJM a completely different way.

Win as a team, lose as a team.  But try to have a little context in your critiques.

AJM's not the greatest QB in the NFL, but he's good enough to be a starter.  Did he make mistakes when he played?  Absolutely.  Bad throws?  Yep.  Fumbled too much?  Sure.  Didn't get the ball out fast enough?  Absolutely.

But what QB in their 5th start in a rain game vs the Steelers defense is going to have perfect grip on the ball, make perfect reads, and have a snap-to-throw time of < 2 seconds?

None.  Not even the best QB in the world.

I like Andy Dalton. I liked Carson Palmer. I respected Jon Kitna. None of those three men, great as they are in their own way, ever had the Bengals ahead in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. Only AJ McCarron has done this -- and he's not going anywhere. He'll push Andy Dalton in the offseason just like he did in 2015.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else? - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-05-2017, 06:34 PM