Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers, Titans will be going after Kirkpatrick
(03-06-2017, 12:25 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I can't see them singing Ryan it's not how the Bengals do business, plus they probably wouldn't  pay more for a similar corner over a guy that they've had  in their system for 5 years.  I'm from New England iv'e seen a good amount of Patriot games and I think Ryan is overrated. Ryan is a good player who's similar to Kirkpatrick. Their both taller number 2 corner's who are inconsistent at times.  Ryan is a great tackler but you pay cb's to cover.  Butler is the Patriots number one corner but at 5'9 Belichick typically likes to play Ryan against taller number one WR's with Mccourty over the top at saftey and Bulter in single coverage vs. their number 2. Ryan looks better than he is do to great coaching and scheme. Plus when a team wins the superbowl people tend to overrate role/ good players. 

IF Kirkpatrick leaves...I see them doing this:

There are A LOT of good CB's this year. They'll let the market settle for about a month or so and see who is still left then start negotiating with them to get someone for a good price.

It may end up being a guy like Ross Cockrell. Amakumara signed a 1 year deal with the Jags last year for like $5.5 million so there will be deals out there. Not every CB will get big money.

With that said...I think they will do everything they can to keep Kirkpatrick, but it's unpredictable as to which guys some NFL teams will make a huge offer too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers, Titans will be going after Kirkpatrick - THE PISTONS - 03-06-2017, 12:43 PM