Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredtoast take on the O-line issue
(03-06-2017, 01:32 PM)Benton Wrote: We've done horrible at developing centers for a while now, but that's not just us. Center is an underrated position. The focus is usually on your tackles, and for some teams the center position seems to just be plugging in a smart lineman. For three drafts I've spent the first two rounds chanting "DT/C, DT/C, DT/C." So I've been a little disappointed with OL and corners. LOL

But as to the thread, I don't get the knocks on Alexander. He's helped several linemen progress. At the end of the day, all a coach can do is provide insight and what they've learned. The rest is on how bad the player wants it. Guys like Whitworth don't just happen because they've got a good coach, they become one of the best linemen in the league with a long career because they want to be the best and they take their job seriously. Guys like Andre bust out for the other end of that — all the talent in the world doesn't help you if you're lazy. And coaching those guys only goes so far. You motivate a guy like Andre some in the lockerroom and some in contract negotiations.

Benton- good points but someone answer this for me.

In a passing league, with an O line coach who appears to excel in pass pro, why does Marvin adopt a run first offense?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fredtoast take on the O-line issue - bengals67 - 03-06-2017, 01:41 PM