Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday begins KEY TIME for BENGALS 2017 HOPES
(03-06-2017, 07:06 PM)kevin Wrote: Our top players if not resigned as Bengals will be signed by other teams before weekend is over. Kirkpatrick, Whitworth, Zeitler will go fast.  I also look for LaFell to be signed fast. Burkhead may even be grabbed by another team fast.  Don't think Zimmer isn't looking to grab some of his former defensive players to help in Minnesota. We could lose a lot of the D Line.  Our best 3 or 4 will be gone by this weekend if Bengals act too slow. 

I  don;t see it the same terrible gloom that you have written.  To me 1 of those FA is vital that is Whitworth. I like Zeitler but he will command too much on the market for our budget.. a tough loss but at least we drafted Westerman, so he has a year under his belt.

As for Dre.. funny how things change from a year ago.. he was one injury away (Jackson) as possible not starting at all.  He is a average Corner.. but with a thin market he will be overpriced at CB to bring back... Shaw showed nice signs of corner play and with Jackson and the kid from KC who I think will play, I would not overpay Dre.  Now on to LaFell.. great cheap pickup for Bengals last year.. sign him cheap or let him go.. we drafted two WRs that showed nice improvement as the year went on  in Boyd and Core plus we could just do the same this year as last.. sign a cheap veteran WR to replace the cheap veteran WR we just lost (LaFell.

Finally Burkhead.. i love him too but understand he is third on the depth chart.. again we are not going to pay him top $$ to be 3rd on the depth chart.. this year's RB draft has been called one of the deepest in a while.. we can find a quality 3rd string RB in 4/5 round possible. 

With that said, I would hate to see us only be able to sign Whitworth.. i would like to see at least one other signed besides Whitworth.. though Zeitler is out of range if we sign Whitworth.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tuesday begins KEY TIME for BENGALS 2017 HOPES - Essex Johnson - 03-06-2017, 07:53 PM