Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday begins KEY TIME for BENGALS 2017 HOPES
(03-06-2017, 07:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have 11 draft picks out of a loaded draft class.

We never win free agency. So don't get too bent out of shape when we don't this year.

The draft is what will make or break us.

I know we never win FA but we usually don't lose our asses in it either.

This would be abnormally bad.

The Draft is a crapshoot and FA's are proven players in the NFL.

Thought we would atleast bring back Whitworth, Burkhead and Kirkpatrick.

(03-06-2017, 07:40 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, but the FA period, depending on how many of ours we lose, could leave us too broken to fix with a draft.  We are at a crossroads.  Which way ya gonna go, Mike?

True.

(03-06-2017, 07:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I  don;t see it the same terrible gloom that you have written.  To me 1 of those FA is vital that is Whitworth. I like Zeitler but he will command too much on the market for our budget.. a tough loss but at least we drafted Westerman, so he has a year under his belt.

As for Dre.. funny how things change from a year ago.. he was one injury away (Jackson) as possible not starting at all.  He is a average Corner.. but with a thin market he will be overpriced at CB to bring back... Shaw showed nice signs of corner play and with Jackson and the kid from KC who I think will play, I would not overpay Dre.  Now on to LaFell.. great cheap pickup for Bengals last year.. sign him cheap or let him go.. we drafted two WRs that showed nice improvement as the year went on  in Boyd and Core plus we could just do the same this year as last.. sign a cheap veteran WR to replace the cheap veteran WR we just lost (LaFell.

Finally Burkhead.. i love him too but understand he is third on the depth chart.. again we are not going to pay him top $$ to be 3rd on the depth chart.. this year's RB draft has been called one of the deepest in a while.. we can find a quality 3rd string RB in 4/5 round possible. 

With that said, I would hate to see us only be able to sign Whitworth.. i would like to see at least one other signed besides Whitworth.. though Zeitler is out of range if we sign Whitworth.. 

Westerman has one year under his belt not dressing.

Kirkpatrick i can't trust. Don't pay the guy too much, just one year of decent play.

Burkhead is our best RB right now, we should tell him that and pay him accordingly. He ran way better than the
other guys behind the same O-line. He runs extremely hard, has great hands, good vision and is very quick.

True about Whitworth, he is the vital signing.

(03-06-2017, 08:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I doubt he sees it like that. He probably sees a loaded draft class and his 11 draft picks and feels good about himself. Throw in a potentially sought after QB as trade bait...

Hopefully making Marvin coach out a contract year gets these guys to lose a little bit of complacency and they put some pressure on the front office to be aggressive with their giant bag of money and all these draft picks. But Mike Brown probably thinks he is sitting pretty and will just let the draft come to him then root around the garbage pile of free agents. 

Stupid way to think while your weakness just gets weaker.

He would rather build the team off of unknowns like draft picks then proven players tells you all you need to know.

The draft is great and all but you have to have a decent team to build off of and decent coaches to coach the picks up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tuesday begins KEY TIME for BENGALS 2017 HOPES - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2017, 08:34 PM