Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday begins KEY TIME for BENGALS 2017 HOPES
(03-06-2017, 07:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As for Dre.. funny how things change from a year ago.. he was one injury away (Jackson) as possible not starting at all.  He is a average Corner.. but with a thin market he will be overpriced at CB to bring back... Shaw showed nice signs of corner play and with Jackson and the kid from KC who I think will play, I would not overpay Dre.
Now on to LaFell.. great cheap pickup for Bengals last year.. sign him cheap or let him go.. we drafted two WRs that showed nice improvement as the year went on  in Boyd and Core plus we could just do the same this year as last.. sign a cheap veteran WR to replace the cheap veteran WR we just lost (LaFell.

Finally Burkhead.. i love him too but understand he is third on the depth chart.. again we are not going to pay him top $$ to be 3rd on the depth chart.. this year's RB draft has been called one of the deepest in a while.. we can find a quality 3rd string RB in 4/5 round possible. 

With that said, I would hate to see us only be able to sign Whitworth.. i would like to see at least one other signed besides Whitworth.. though Zeitler is out of range if we sign Whitworth.. 
DreKirk is swimming in a FA pool with a lot of other CBs. Therefore, it is a buyers market. Personally, I don't trust him to keep improving once he gets paid. He may not be as high priced as he thinks he is.

LaFell should be a backup to a very fast drafted (or FA) WR who can stretch the field (clear out the safety) and make the 10-15 yard passes more successful in addition to long passes occasionally.

Burkhead may be 3rd on the depth chart only (IMO) because he gets paid less than Gio and Hill. Given more snaps he will make all RBs better.

Whitworth is a must resign. Zeitler should be also. The FO can afford both, but won't.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tuesday begins KEY TIME for BENGALS 2017 HOPES - Derrick - 03-06-2017, 10:07 PM