Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't the Bengals cut players?
(03-07-2017, 11:40 AM)Au165 Wrote: They are loyal to a fault. They pride themselves on signing "real" deals. If a guy signs a 3 year deal they try to honor all 3 years, and it is something they have used in negotiations recently as showing potential signees that they honor their deals. It's noble to an extent but does in fact hurt them at times.

I have said it before in other threads. It is not that the Bengals don't want to win, it's that they want to win their way.

Considering that they don't try to bring in many outside free agents, I'm not sure how much the strategy actually helps them (in theory it would).  I think they also try to use this strategy as a way of offering less guaranteed money.  Personally, if I am an NFL player at one snap away from a career ending injury at all times, I take the bigger guarantee every time.

I completely agree with you about Mike Brown wanting to win "his way".  I'm not sure if it is ego, or just complete hubris, but he has complete confidence in his abilities to run a team regardless of evidence to the contrary.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why don't the Bengals cut players? - OrlandoBengal - 03-07-2017, 12:26 PM