Poll: Should The Bengals Pursue Marshall At WR?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do We Go After Brandon Marshall?
(03-06-2017, 11:55 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Well he was a good receiver and he was good at receiving. He would not block and he would not try to break up interceptions when he obviously ran the wrong routes. He flustered Carson Palmer (who lobbied for him to be here) until he got so rattled that he would make mistakes, and he definitely did not need help with that.

There is more to being a receiver than just receiving.

Yeah I never saw proof that he ran wrong routes. That was just excuses for Palmer INT's. Carson threw up his arms a lot at Chad and TO, but he did the same thing with the Raiders and Cardinals receivers. The dude just has a tendency to throw some head scratchers. I never heard Jeff Garcia, McNabb or even Palmer actually complain about TO's route running. So it's all speculation from people with biased and preconceived notions. No one knows what routes these guys were supposed to run or whether or not they were accurate on said routes.

I just know I've never heard anyone say TO sucked at running routes. You don't get to 15k yards by running sloppy routes or constant freelancing.

He was also just fine as a blocker. No one outside of Bengals fans has ever questioned TO's effort on the field.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do We Go After Brandon Marshall? - Shake n Blake - 03-07-2017, 02:53 PM