Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be your breaking point?
(03-07-2017, 04:54 PM)McC Wrote: The fact that I went through the 90's and didn't go anywhere probably means I have no breaking point, which shows just how stupid I really am.

A little bit of this...

(03-07-2017, 05:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: When Marvin wasn't fired, or P.A. after this season. I've reached that point. There's just no urgency. No accountability.  I'll still follow and be a fan, but I have no belief we'll win a playoff game let alone a championship anymore until significant changes are made. I have no faith in this regime.

...and a little bit of that. That said, I was young and a little ignorant of "the Mike Brown effect" back in the 90's. These days I don't have as much endless optimism. Mike sapped all of that by taking decades - instead of years - to make necessary changes. Even if Mike finally fired Marvin and Paul A, it's possible he hires an even worse coach and sticks with him for 10+ years.

I wouldn't say I have a breaking point, but each disappointment chips away at me. Mainly the '13 loss to the Chargers, the '15 meltdown vs the Steelers, and that trainwreck of an o-line last year. It feels like a total repeat of 10 years ago. Promising team, QB gets hurt, Marv can't coach a playoff game, o-line starts to fall apart and Mikey doesn't want to pay a guard he drafted. Deja-freaking-vu.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will be your breaking point? - Shake n Blake - 03-07-2017, 08:17 PM