Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports are Bengals lose Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick
(03-08-2017, 12:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Whitworth one was from 2 weeks ago. The Kirkpatrick one was just a general story from a few days ago that they were interested.

Way premature.

Well I doubt Whit has changed his stance in 2 weeks. As for Kirk, interest is interest. That's why I said I was less sure on him. That said, it's at least troubling that multiple teams will probably be vying for his services, and I've heard more rumors about him leaving than staying. 

(03-08-2017, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and that's what is so frustrating in all of this.  Losing these guys would be no big deal if we knew they would work FA to their advantage and hit a homerun draft....but we've all seen this dog and pony show 5 too many times.

Exactly. If I knew the Bengals would be proactive with the money in FA, I wouldn't be as worried. Instead, I could easily see them being content with the 11 draft picks and a status quo bottom rung FA signing or two. The money saved from letting guys walk will be pocketed rolled forward for Eifert, Burfict, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reports are Bengals lose Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick - Shake n Blake - 03-08-2017, 01:03 PM