Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be your breaking point?
(03-08-2017, 12:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: I survived the 90s fully intact with all ten fingers and ten toes so short of the team disbanding there really is no breaking point. I might stop following as much as I currently do, but soon as they're back to winning I'll follow more. 
It's not AS IF this team affects my life to the point that I become physically ill. If it ever gets to that point I just find other things to do. 
Believe it or not we all have lives that don't involve the Bengals.. if it's bothering you so much that you're getting sick then perhaps you really need a new hobby. Try collecting various different toilet paper embossing patterns and make a quilt from them. Invent a new glass cleaner formula..See if you can get laid right after climbing out of a dumpster. The list is endless. 

This is exactly what my "break" would be. Not that I would stop being a Bengals fan, I just wouldn't try to watch every game.
When the Reds were doing well from 2010-2014, I tried to watch nearly every game. Once they started doing poorly in 2015, I watched maybe 30-50% of the remaining games.
Last year, I think I watched maybe 10-20.

I don't live and die by how my favorite sports teams do. It's just entertainment for me. I watch less if the teams consistently perform poorly.
But I think especially for the NFL, we all like to think we can build a pretty good team (at least on paper) and are confused when we see teams not make logical upgrades.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will be your breaking point? - ochocincos - 03-08-2017, 01:35 PM