Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have 'strong money' on table for Dre
(03-08-2017, 05:14 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Here's my questions and I'm just spitballing here. Did the Bengals not know he was going to be a free agent this year? They know they could have been negotiating with him before now, right? Was waiting until other teams could throw money at him the best plan? We decided to let him negotiate with competent front offices and contenders who will actually spend money for talent why?

My head hurts.

They probably figured that one of the other two first round corners plus a solid vet in Adam Jones on the roster might make him expendable.  That's actually not a bad position to take IMO.  You draft Dennard and Jackson to start one day, hopefully in the 2nd or 3rd year.  

Unfortunately, Dennard has disappointed and Jackson hasn't seen the field.  On top of that, Jones is out doing Pac Man stuff again. decreasing his dependability.  

Much like the Whitworth scenario, their preparations blew up in their faces again gave Dre massive leverage in negotiations.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have 'strong money' on table for Dre - samhain - 03-08-2017, 05:26 PM