Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While we keep seeing "reports" about Whit, Zeitler, Dre
(03-08-2017, 06:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We keep seeing "reports" and rumors of interest by other clubs.  Is there really any merit to those items?  I mean, we have not heard anything along the lines of negotiations breaking off between those players' agents and the Bengals organization. 

Until I see something posted by an actual credible agency or reporter, I'm still of the mindset that the Bengals are doing everything that they can to keep those players on the team.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are the Bengals screwed themselves and everyone knows it. They came out and said they are only using $15m of their $43m available for free agency. There's no way than can re-sign all 3 of Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick with only $15m to spend. I'm sure they have offered deals and I am sure they have had discussions. I could see the Bengals offering a similar deal to all 3 (length and totals may vary, but similar per year average) and the first one to sign wins.

When you have the money available to sign all 3, but tell the world you're only going to use 34% of what you have available, I think the players even take that as a slap in the face.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: While we keep seeing "reports" about Whit, Zeitler, Dre - muskiesfan - 03-08-2017, 07:14 PM