Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responding to words with violence?
(03-08-2017, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do my job for a month and you might change your mind.  Wink

I wouldn't, but I appreciate those who do. I realize there might be times when my choice of inaction would cause others to have to take action. Thankfully, that hasn't happened.

(03-08-2017, 01:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's me, as well. I was raised a member of an historic peace church, including from family of clergy within it. And while I am no longer a part of that denomination my pacifist viewpoint has remained mostly in tact.

Mine was kind of the opposite. I grew up in a CoC, where a lot of the people acted like a lot of people in the south. They like most of the OT, then skip over the Christ part, and go right to the end times. Need to kill somebody? Just maim them? Injure them, steal, whatever? There's a scripture for that (as long as you exclude the Christian parts).

So I never was too religious until my early 30s/late 20s when I realized you don't have to have a denomination. It's a personal relationship. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Responding to words with violence? - Benton - 03-08-2017, 10:07 PM