Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have 'strong money' on table for Dre
(03-08-2017, 11:32 PM)phil413 Wrote: Picture this, Cincy knows the threshold for the 3rd round comp was just above 8M since they just missed with the MJ lions deal.  How much you want to bet Dre has 8M/yr take it or leave it on the table?  Not solid money, but with a deep draft and the cut vet tire kick we will hear about I bet that's what is there.

The threshold will be higher next year as contracts get bigger. All three, Whit, Dre and Zeitler will be offered more than $9M each.

But I do see your logic. Mikey Brown could be playing for 3 3rd round comp picks next year, if you are allowed that many. There is a limit I'm pretty sure. The NFL figures that if you are stupid enough to lose a bunch of top guys then you don't deserve a bunch of top comp picks.

The thing about comp picks is that you don't get them this year, so you lose the player's service for a whole year, then you get to select a rookie in the mid-to-late rounds and those guys are rarely ready to go year one, so you actually lose out for two years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have 'strong money' on table for Dre - BengalChris - 03-08-2017, 11:37 PM