Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have 'strong money' on table for Dre
(03-08-2017, 11:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im going to answer these questions 

Yes,  they did negotiate, actually still under signing window, last time i checked players are not robots and actually have souls and brains to make that decision on their own.. called a Free Market  

Agreed, but I think we have to account for the question of the message Whit took from the Bengals' decisions in the 2015 draft. OTs in both the first and second rounds. For all of our self-proclaimed loyalty, WTF was that? Who else was available at those picks in 2015 that could have helped us more than Ced O. and Fisher? That would be interesting (i.e., depressing) to look at. But again, I understand Whit not being automatic "Mr. Loyalty" with the Bengals.  I think he got a message from that. I'm sure he understood it from a business perspective. They let Andre Smith leave. They had to replace him. Whit's contract was up at the end of the year. They took what they perceived to be the best talent available that would meet their most pressing perceived need. Or was it also not a bit opportunistic? They could save money by replacing two really good vets with two "top" rookies. Boy, did they misjudge that talent. Or, as some of us believe, does a portion of the blame go to PA for his inability to coach up run blockers or blockers period?  Now, our two best OLinemen are considering leaving. For money. Or is it only money? Do any NFL Players share any sense of mutual loyalty, or is it really "just a business?" From a fan's point of view, I think it sucks. I think free agency, players' salaries, owners profits, and other things have gotten way out of hand. We think of them as our team, but do they think of us as their fans? Why would they? Just because we support them both psychologically and financially? Some do, I'm sure, but all is not well at PBS. I hope I'm wrong. I mean, why wouldn't Whit want to sign one more contract with the Bengals and then retire a Bengal? It makes no sense to me. He's the team leader, or A team leader. Is it really just about the money or has the locker room broken down? What would his leaving do to the locker room? I really do want to think he'll re-sign soon, but I think it sends a message to the fans and his teammates that he could be interested in signing elsewhere. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have 'strong money' on table for Dre - BURROWorBUST - 03-09-2017, 04:23 AM