Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let It All Thread To Vent and Not Argue About It
(03-10-2017, 11:49 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'm completely fine with the revolving door of players, if you're hitting on every top 3 round pick and maybe 1 of 3 in the rounds after that.  As soon as your picks suck, can't get healthy or never get a chance, you're in trouble.

We're seeing it now.

There was a time we had the Ilokas, Burficts, Zeitlers, Kirkpatricks, etc...step right in and start, replacing lesser-talented, more expensive players.

Right now we have 2 first round CB's and we don't know if either are NFL starters.  So, we blow all our cap room on a good, not great CB, and let the weakest spot on the team (OL) bleed.  I can handle losing Zeitler if the philosophy is you don't pay guards...but you better be finding guards in the draft that don't drop off.

Also, for a team that has always lacked leadership and discipline, Whitworth was one of those guys you almost should've overpaid just to keep, even if the metrics of his contract and age don't fit within your scheme.

Exactly my sentiments my friend.  I'd add that once they found out they didn't hit on those drafts, they didn't have a contingency plan, and are too stubborn/stupid to adapt.  Reactive vs proactive never gets the worm....so to speak.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let It All Thread To Vent and Not Argue About It - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-10-2017, 11:53 AM