Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals trainer mentioned in NFL/Drug lawsuit
(03-10-2017, 01:23 PM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, sounds like one of those in the real world type of things to me...

Yes, at 3 in the morning you still stop at a red light, but if you can see for miles and miles in any direction and there are no other cars on the road do you really need to sit there for 8 minutes until it changes?

If the school nurse flips a bottle of aspirin to the secretary and says, "Hey, that kid just went to use the bathroom, and she has a headache and no fever - when she comes back give her two of these so I can go ahead and take care of this other kid..." is that the crime of the century?

If the trainer administers pain or other medication per the doctor's (decades old and unchanging) recommendations and the doctor doesn't do it himself I just don't see it as a big deal. It sounds like it was that sort of level at which this "scandal" unfolded. Am I missing something?

What you're missing is the NFL and teams have been violating federal drug control laws with little to no oversight while the rest of us have our feet held to the fire and would face long prison sentences for doing the very same thing. 
Suppose it was some other much more serious crimes..Let's just go way beyond the scope of the article and make up some other illegal activities such as murder for example. Should NFL teams be exempt from those laws as well and we should just look the other way just to stay competitive? 
Of course I'm in no way accusing teams of such crimes, but if you and me are going to be held accountable then so should NFL teams .
Don't try to minimize this as being along the same lines as running a red light or giving a kid an aspirin. This is illegally dispensing narcotics on a mass scale, not misdemeanor traffic violations.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals trainer mentioned in NFL/Drug lawsuit - grampahol - 03-10-2017, 01:57 PM