Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals going in the wrong direction?
(03-10-2017, 01:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, I detected the sarcasm, and was referring to our illustrious days as "haters" on the old board.  My whole issue with Z is that he could have been extended....like they said they were saving for a couple of years ago when they couldn't spend his rollover money in FA. Mellow

:paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

After the last couple offseasons (losing Nelson, MLJ, Sanu, Andre, Whit, Z), we should probably start to question the Bengals' roll over process. Some of us already have.

(03-10-2017, 02:02 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think what I find particularly funny is that Alexander the Great made sure we all knew our 5th round C/G Christian Westerman was no competition for 4th round C Russell Bodine. He made sure we all knew we were unfairly treating Bodine and needed to back off. Of course now that same 5th round C/G who wasn't good enough to compete with our turnstile C could be a viable replacement for our 1st round G we let walk without offering a contract. Oh Alexander the Great, you slay me.

This whole organization just seems to make things up on the fly. Money is always the biggest motivating factor with Mike Brown, and once he's done spending (or not spending) how he see's fit, he just instructs guys to spin spin spin. I like how in one of Hobspin's articles yesterday, he mentions rebuilding the o-line, and he brings up how it worked great in 2009. Completely ignoring that (a) the rebuild actually started in 2008 and (b) we had to use an unbalanced line with an extra tackle all year to offset the weakness in 2009.

That unbalanced line stuff made our offense more one-dimensional and predictable, which eventually was the team's undoing. I'm also sick of this team changing it's identity based on what personnel they have. It should be the opposite. They should be choosing personnel based on what their identity is. Hobson says we will probably be run heavy this year. We shouldn't have to become a heavy run team because Mike doesn't believe guards are worth paying (which is strange because they burned a 1st round pick on him).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals going in the wrong direction? - Shake n Blake - 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM