Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans Jamming It Up Your Ass
(03-11-2017, 01:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We discussed this in a Business Law class and it was one of the things I liked about the ACA (at least I think it was part of it, as it is not my discipline).

They had programs where insurance companies could give you discounts if you tracked your fitness (signing into gym, wearing fitness tracker, ect..). This was voluntary of course, you could choose privacy but you didn't get the discount. 

https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/10/workplace-wellness-genetic-testing/?s_campaign=tw&utm_content=buffer1c244&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer"Rigorous studies by researchers not tied to the $8 billion wellness industry have shown that the programs improve employee health little if at all. An industry group recently concluded that they save so little on medical costs that, on average, the programs lose money. But employers continue to embrace them, partly as a way to shift more health care costs to workers, including by penalizing them financially."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans Jamming It Up Your Ass - NATI BENGALS - 03-11-2017, 01:09 AM