Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans Jamming It Up Your Ass
(03-11-2017, 08:19 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I assume you meant to say you have no issue with companies offering a lower rate if your health history merits it.

However, I will agree insurance should operate with fewer risk pools. That would be a socially equitable redistribution.

Classic example of how this scam works. JustWinBaby will charge Benton the same amount for health insurance as someone with a prior heart attack, coronary artery disease, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, obstructive sleep apnea, and chronic bronchitis from 25 years of smoking until Benton proves otherwise. Rather than the other way around.

So Benton has to take a day off from work (which his employer frowns upon) or see his doctor on his day off (if he even has a PCP), pay a co-pay or out of pocket, get labs, drug screen, nicotine screen, possibly immunizations, etc, follow up through out the year, track his exercise online or with a coach on a help line, etc, etc so he can get his "discount" at the end of the year.

The idea is it takes a lot of time and effort for a healthy person to prove they are healthier than the person in my example.

So instead of charging only the sick person more, insurance companies charge the sick person and Benton more until or if Benton jumps through the hoops.

Now the next step in this scam is for JustWinBaby to blame Benton for being charged the same as a chronically ill person, although who gets charged what is a matter of company policy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans Jamming It Up Your Ass - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-11-2017, 09:51 AM