Poll: Are you happy being a Bengals fan?
This poll is closed.
Yes
45.45%
25 45.45%
No
54.55%
30 54.55%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are you happy being a Bengals fan?
(03-11-2017, 04:48 PM)jason Wrote: It is a straight forward question. I'm just not sure how to answer. Do I harbor some anger or resentment toward the organization? Not particularly. Would I like to see them operate a little differently? I suppose I would. Is there anything I can do about it? Nope.

On game days, I'll yell at the TV. I'll cuss, laugh, and shake my head. When they win, it's cool for about 10 minutes. If they lose, I'm disappointed for about the same amount of time. Then I go do something else, and that's that.

I guess what I'm saying is... I care about the team. I want to like the players. I want to see them succeed... But at the end of the day; they have no real power over my state of mind or whatever. I certainly don't get worked up about the day to day goings on of the organization. Unless they pay your bills, it's only entertainment people. In summation... It's ok to be happy about being a Bengals fan. It should never make you sad or angry.
I see I'm beginning to rub off on people with my attitude towards the whole thing. lol
It's a game and our individual lives don't rise or fall with how the team operates. 
If they lose every single game my life stays unchanged. If they win every single game my life stays unchanged. I'll be 58 when next season rolls around and win, lose or draw I'll still be 58 when the season ends. If there was another team I'd be happier being a fan of I'd be a fan of that team. There isn't so i won't. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Are you happy being a Bengals fan? - Burma - 03-11-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: Are you happy being a Bengals fan? - grampahol - 03-11-2017, 08:17 PM