Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Truth is I'm going to miss someone I've never met
Inspired by Hobson's article on Whit (http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Grateful-Whit-takes-place-in-Bengaldom-annals/062f82c2-2860-4672-8df0-e0f2af263fc5), I got all reminiscent about the past 11 years Big Whit played here. Can't say I ever saw him do anything but play his butt off. Over the years, I caught myself reading every article written about him, which usually left me enthused and hopeful about the team. Even with last year's fiasco, his presence made it seem like we still had a chance; that his leadership would prop up the ones who needed it, and the rough spots would eventually disappear. And with a heart the size befitting a man his size, the off-field stories did nothing but prove he led by example in his personal life. If ever there was a 'Man's Man', Big Whit is it.

While I've wanted to see changes for this team, Andrew Whitworth leaving before his playing days were up was NOT one of them. Sorry to see ya go,, Whit. I never met ya, but I'm sure gonna miss ya.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Truth is I'm going to miss someone I've never met - wildcats forever - 03-12-2017, 02:46 AM