Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals.com Hobson On Bengals After Start Of F/A
So they just resigned Winston which is a good signing. If the Ced and Fisher era has begun, then a solid veteran back-up like Winston at tackle is needed. So Kirkpatrick, LaFell and Winston resigned. I still think Burkhead resigned at some point. Whitworth and Zeitler were offered some huge contracts that Bengals felt way over priced. I even have to wonder if Zeitler is the best guard ever in NFL history, because that is how he is now paid. The highest paid NFL guard ever. No, I don't think he is better than Jerry Kramer or Gene Upshaw or even Max Montoya. The Rams and Browns went crazy on spending. I am happy they resigned Kirkpatrick, Lafell and Winston. I think we can keep Burkhead pretty cheap, he's not a super star. If we get an extra 3rd and 5th round pick, nothing wrong in that. I see us getting a guard as good or better than Zeitler. Maybe that linebacker we've needed to draft. This could be a draft that actually moves us towards Super Bowl, not away from it. I'll add that due to injuries, we have not seen Ced or Jackson as the players they might become and Dennard may be about ready to show why he was a top pick.

There are a couple of guards in this draft as good as the draft of Demarco and Zeitler and so look for a top new guard in April and Zeitler may not even be missed that much. It would be nice to see a guard and a linebacker of first round ability added, and that can be done since we draft so early in round 2. We can use the extra picks. We did not lose everybody as I feared. We lost 2 top players but we kept Kirkpatrick, LaFell and Winston. Ced and Fisher in the house. Draft a monster guard and other needs and get out there in 2017 with Dalton hitting Green, LaFell, Eifert, Boyd and Atkins and Dunlap on D and lets win the AFC North....It would help to have a kicker who can make extra points this year. For some reason NFL kickers were freaked out by new NFL extra point, especially Nugent. I would say the answer is for NFL kickers to practice the new extra point over and over until it becomes as automatic as it should be. Of course I say this about bunting in baseball or basketball free throws, all things games are won or lost on. Bengals more than any team needs a huge upgrade at kicker in 2017. We lost key games on missed extra points, not acceptable.

I will now change my mood from doubtful to hopeful since not all free agents were lost. Hopeful in what these early draft picks bring. Hopeful in Ced, Fisher and Winston. Hopeful in Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson. Very hopeful in Dalton to AJ Green, Lafell, Eifert, Boyd.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals.com Hobson On Bengals After Start Of F/A - kevin - 03-12-2017, 06:08 AM