Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals.com Hobson On Bengals After Start Of F/A
(03-12-2017, 06:47 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I don't think burkhead is coming back, I think they should at least sign one guy elsewhere like connor barwin instead of hunt, or mangold. Maybe Zach brown linebacker. There's also some receivers like stevie Johnson could he be the deep threat we need?

Bengals Fans may be surprised how little interest other teams have in Burkhead and McCarron.  What has either really done. Plus teams can draft younger. I doubt NFL teams see these guys as the franchise RB or franchise QB to build their teams around.  It's great Bengal Fans love them, but I don't see Burkhead getting offered the mega bucks, or McCarron either.  The idea that some team will trade us a top pick for McCarron is pretty wild also.  If Burkhead is back, fine. If not, I think we can draft a late round RB as good or better than Burkhead.   I think he will be back. The longer free agency goes, he will back. Most teams seek their RB answers in The Draft. The Bengals are even looking at RB's in the draft. It's a spot a rookie can make a quick impact at, as opposed to some positions that take years to learn. Rookies have the young fresh legs and knees, that is in their favor. Paul Robinson, Ickey Woods, Corey Dillon. Rudi, Bernard, Hill, were able to be fresh young legs their rookie years. I will add Elliott going from Ohio State to Dallas. RB is a position where youth is often a plus, not a negative. The longer Burkhead goes not signed, the more likely he will be back at a low contract.

We are set at WR right now. That and CB is now not a needs area. As for linebacker, Reuben Foster-Alabama. Do not be surprised if he soon isn't wearing Bengals Uniform. A top guard early also to step in so fans can say " Zeitler Who ? ". If we have two picks in 3, one on four and two in 5, the team can get needed help at D Line, O Line, RB.

I agree with Hobson that Bengals about done in this part of free agency. I see them now looking to the draft. This does not mean Bengals won't be watching to see who teams cut in Spring and Summer and watch that waiver wire as they have in past.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals.com Hobson On Bengals After Start Of F/A - kevin - 03-12-2017, 06:59 AM