Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin will "walk away" if Bengals win SB
(07-29-2015, 11:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Daugherty/Cincinnati.com

Marvin Lewis has a vision involving the Super Bowl, Mike Brown, a trophy presentation and a stroll into the sunset. In that order. Lewis doesn’t say it will happen this year. He doesn’t say it won’t. He does say he’s not joking about the sunset.

“I want to hand Mike the trophy, then just walk away,’’ the Bengals coach declared at the team’s annual Weenie Roast And Mock Turtle Soupfest, also known as the pre-training camp media day.

Easier said than done, on all counts. Lewis swears he could walk away. Brown and Lewis swear that this could be the Bengals' year.

“We’re a pretty good team. I think we can give a good account of ourselves,’’ Brown said, in his formal and delicate way. No one else speaks quite like Mike. When someone asked him about the Bengals playoff drought, Brown said, “We haven’t driven the nail home. It doesn’t please me.’’

Lewis made it simpler: “We’re good enough, but we have to play good enough.’’

Full Article

Translation: "Marvin Lewis retired today as Bengals head coach. Lewis, 84, wheeled away in his wheel chair after thanking the Brown family for the opportunity to coach in Cincinnati. He was in multiple playoff games throughout his career as a head coach without winning any. His only comment on that during the press conference was "We've got to do better" 
Paul Daugherty/Cincinnati.com
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin will "walk away" if Bengals win SB - GodFather - 07-29-2015, 12:49 PM