Poll: Do the Bengals finish the season above .500?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500?
(03-13-2017, 12:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I say YES. Emphatically YES.

I will also go out on a limb and say that they do well in the playoffs.

Why?

- Veteran talent that is still young. The majority of the roster is in their prime or just now coming into it.
- An outstanding defense that hasn't lost anything but is poised to add youth at key spots.

Why else?

Because the Bengals were very very CLOSE to winning a lot of their games last season. Like, really close. They struggled horribly in the 2nd half and in the redzone consistently all year. Keep in mind, they had the LEAD in the 4th quarter of most of their loses and a kicker who cost them, frankly, the season. They were actually VERY close and I think that gets fixed with...

- Eifert and Green on the field at the same time
- Young talent being able to grow into bigger roles
- 2nd year OC becoming more comfortable

The Bengals roster isn't done yet. The Bengals have assets and a ton of draft picks to work with. I just don't believe that the Bengals are done with their roster, not by far. I think a splash or two gets made before the camps open. I also think the Bengals have had an excellent approach to their offseason so far and have been doing well for years. I'm at DEFCON 0 as of today.

I like your optimism.  The fan in me wants to agree with you, but he realist in me says no.

A lot of our issues in the 2nd half were because of line play, we lost our 2 best.  How are we going to get better?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500? - Hammerstripes - 03-13-2017, 12:16 PM