Poll: Do the Bengals finish the season above .500?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500?
(03-13-2017, 01:58 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ok,

So, here are my thoughts to your (good) points...

1. Ced is extremely athletic, but really needs to find confidence & aggression as well as  add weight & strength (will come with age). He has missed 1 full off season and 2 camps. Basically, last year was his first year playing and he had very little practice. Assuming the best: He will have a full offseason of training and a full camp. I think the talent is absolutely there, so I'll trust in that. Also, I'm not dismissing the Bengals signing someone competent, either.

2. Bodine wasn't as bad last year as people make it out. Seems as if he has been getting better. He is only 24 and fairly young still and I think there's opportunity for him to get better.

^ Both O-linemen that had issues seem to be young enough to get better. If they were finished products then I would be worried.

3. Right Guard. The least of my concerns, to be honest...
- They can draft a guy: Joe Thuney was a 3rd round rookie last year played every snap for the Patriots at LG and they won a Superbowl.
- If they can't draft a guy - they MUST because there are only 4 Gs on the roster, I actually liked the Westerman pick a lot. Projected 2nd-3rd rounder taken late. Potential is there for sure.
- There is also roster depth for the Bengals at the G spot. Trey Hopkins has been on the team for a while now and certainly has the ability to step in as well.

I agree with everything - except Bodine.  The only reason he wasn't as bad as people thought last year is because he was complete garbage the previous year.  Can't really go down from there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500? - Hammerstripes - 03-13-2017, 02:44 PM