Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
2-3 Million left in Cap Space?
(03-10-2017, 05:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I don't want to hear the whole "Oh we don't have enough money to sign players".

The Eagles had $11 million in cap space. Meanwhile, they come out with Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, and Chance Warmack.
What did they do for that to happen? They cut Conner Barwin. Saves them a little over $7 million.

Or look at the Ravens. They had $10 million. Yet re-sign Brandon Williams to the highest contract for a NT and also signs Tony Jefferson.
What did they do for this to happen? They cut Dumervil, Lewis, and Wright. Dumervil gave them $8 million alone.

Meanwhile we still have Maualuga and Pacman on our team. But even then, we still have around the same numbers as those two teams AFTER signing our own guys.

If I'm not mistaken, the Ravens also added Danny Woodhead. That's the signing that worries me the most. Don't laugh. Woodhead is a great receiving threat out of the backfield...something they've been missing since Ray Rice.

(03-13-2017, 11:12 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Devil's advocate: For those upset about Whit leaving, would you then be mad if Ogbuehi never played and was yet another young guy that never played when Whit was 38, perhaps (likely declining) and a first-round pick walked out the door wondering who he is?

No.

I can't speak for everyone, but all I want is for our top picks to get a chance. If they get that chance and suck on an epic level, I'm just fine with letting them rot on the bench. It's one thing for a young player to look like he needs some seasoning...it's a whole other thing if he almost single-handedly sinks a season.

To be honest, I'm not even mad about Whit leaving. I think it was the right call. I'm mad that they didn't have a plan B veteran free agent in mind. It seems like Ogbuehi was their backup plan at LT all along. Now if they were sold on Ogbuehi, why even bother pursuing Whit? None of it makes any sense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - Okeana - 03-10-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: 2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - jj22 - 03-10-2017, 10:52 AM
RE: 2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - Burma - 03-10-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: 2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - nkets - 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM
RE: 2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - TKUHL - 03-14-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: 2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - TKUHL - 03-14-2017, 05:48 AM
RE: 2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - Shake n Blake - 03-14-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: 2-3 Million left in Cap Space? - jj22 - 03-17-2017, 05:33 PM