Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes
(03-15-2017, 07:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Absolutely !

As a man of the military, would you feel comfortable knowing your orders to kill came from the CIA ?
I know that it would be unlikely that you would be able to tell it from any other order coming down the pipe, but let's say you did.
Would you feel any different about it ?
What if it were "militant" rednecks or BLM, on U.S. soil ?
I'd like to think I'd know your responses, but I'll ask anyway.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if that's legal. So first I would want to know if they have command authority to give me an order. If so then I would have a legal obligation to follow them unless those orders are illegal or immoral.

So for most soldiers it wouldn't matter who issued the orders as long as they are legal orders. As a soldier you have to trust the policy makers that they are doing the right thing. After the whole Iraq fiasco, my trust in them wasn't what it once was which played a part in me leaving the Army.

As far as redneck militants or BLM, the oath includes all enemies, foreign and domestic. But, the Posse Commitatis Act would preclude a soldier conducting law enforcement type operations.

In short, if the orders were legal I wouldn't care if they came from the CIA and I wouldn't feel any differently about them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-15-2017, 09:01 AM