Poll: Do the Bengals finish the season above .500?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500?
Call me the eternal optimist, but I do see the Bengals finishing over .500 and returning to the playoffs. At that point, they can absolutely make a run and contend for a title.

Why do I believe that? Because I honestly believe with Andre Smith at RG, they are better equipped for short yardage than with Zeitler and the only area they are not as talented as they were last year is LT. To be honest, I was dreading when Whit would have his decline. You knew it was coming.

What else have they lost? A RB they didn't use properly. A DT that was aging and due to be a backup.

What have they gained? Well, after the draft, I could see them having a much more effective pass rusher at the RDE spot. I can see them having a vertical threat opposite AJ Green that would allow Eifert, AJ, and Boyd to work underneath. They have a talented young TE in Uzomah who was impressive when forced in to action last year before injuries shortened his season.

Let's also not forget they have a first round CB in WJIII coming back from a chest injury (so his wheels should be fine) who had 28 PBUs in his senior year...28. Is that a record? They have a first round talent in Billings that will eat double teams that never had to be employed on Peko.

The adjustment period to life without Reggie Nelson wasn't pretty early on, but Williams improved thoughout the season, and we have him and Iloka back with Smith and Fej providing excellent depth.

Vigil is finally going to start in the nickel next to Burfict. When have we had two backers that could cover TEs? I saw Vigil make a play on a Baltimore TE that we almost never see on our team. They are going to be a rock solid tandem.

Dunlap, AJ, Geno, Gio, Dalton, and Burfict are now the leaders. It is their team, and it is their time. I think they will take this to heart and take the team to the next level.

Yes, I have ignored the issue at LT, but couldn't they put a TE like Kroft on that side to chip every down if it comes to that? And Ced should be improved with more strength and a year of OTAs to get situated. I'm not letting the LT situation rain on what I think will be a much improved team after the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500? - SHRacerX - 03-16-2017, 09:49 AM