Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard?
(03-16-2017, 09:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: I could see a one of the top TE's in the 2nd, but not at 9 Te's simply don't go that high. The other thing is this draft is so deep at TE you could get a really really good one in the 3rd or 4th. Honestly I like Jake Butt in the 3rd. The guy is coming off a major injury and may not be able to contribute next season, but we don't need him next season and in two seasons he could be a potential stud with or without Eiffert.

If your looking for more production this year Jordan Leggett of Clemson is a 3/4 rounder who could be a solid pass catching TE. 4.73 40 kind of a big WR type similar to Jordan Reed.

It would be shocking to see a TE go in the top 10, however it's worth mentioning that CBSSports has OJ Howard ranked as the #7 overall prospect right now.

Believe it or not, OJ Howard is more athletic and faster than Tyler Eifert. He posted better in every Combine drill besides the vert jump. Plus, one thing that Howard has done which Eifert didn't have much experience with in college was being an inline blocker. OJ Howard would be able to contribute immediately.

Given how fragile Eifert is, how bad the Bengals TEs have been when Eifert has been out, and the fact the team will likely need to use a blocking TE often to help the OL, the idea of drafting Howard doesn't seem so farfetched. However, with that said, I think the fans would throw a fit if they see the Bengals take a TE in the first round when there are more pressing "needs".
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard? - ochocincos - 03-16-2017, 10:08 AM