Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard?
(03-16-2017, 10:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would be shocking to see a TE go in the top 10, however it's worth mentioning that CBSSports has OJ Howard ranked as the #7 overall prospect right now.

Believe it or not, OJ Howard is more athletic and faster than Tyler Eifert. He posted better in every Combine drill besides the vert jump. Plus, one thing that Howard has done which Eifert didn't have much experience with in college was being an inline blocker. OJ Howard would be able to contribute immediately.

Given how fragile Eifert is, how bad the Bengals TEs have been when Eifert has been out, and the fact the team will likely need to use a blocking TE often to help the OL, the idea of drafting Howard doesn't seem so farfetched. However, with that said, I think the fans would throw a fit if they see the Bengals take a TE in the first round when there are more pressing "needs".

I completely agree with your reasoning, but we do have Eifert on the team.  This is an opportunity (hopefully rare) to add a top 10 talent to the roster.

We've got some serious needs on the team.  I wouldn't say TE is one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard? - Hammerstripes - 03-16-2017, 11:37 AM