Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comp picks dictating FA approach
(03-16-2017, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you honestly believe that Mike Brown has been more successful than most other NFL teams over the last several years while NOT EVEN TRYING TO WIN?

Seriously?

The point I am making is that just because Mike Brown does not agree with you does not mean he does not want to win.  You are free to claim that you disagree with his decisions, but you can not claim that the only way anyone could possible disagree with your opi9nion is if that poerson does not want to win.  you just are not that perfect.  and I honestly doubt you could do as good mof a job running an NFL team as you believe.  It is impossible for every team to be good in the NFL.  Half of them are going to be losers NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY TRY.  That is why it is so silly to claim that Mike Brown does not even want to win or does not even try.

I did not say he wasn't trying to win, but if the choice is between his bank account and winning we all know which one wins.

As far as being perfect, I never said that. Not even remotely close. I even said I could do well or fail miserably. Again, I also said I have never claimed I could be on or should be one. So lets step off the I think I'm perfect stuff that you're trying to put into my mouth.

I simply said I could do just as well as Mike Brown. I guarantee you that I could run the Bengals well enough to not win a single playoff game in almost 30 years. Are you trying to say that I can't? Are you the one saying that in that time span I could win a playoff game? That would make me better than our current GM. I was only saying I could produce the same results.

Mike Brown may in fact have a desire to win, but it has to be his way. So far, his way hasn't proven to yield the success of the teams he claims he's trying to be like.

And again, I never said I would have success. I never said I would do a great job. Nowhere did I say I was perfect. I said I would like to be a GM. I stated that I never said I could be or should be. Just trying to make it clear that I never said I was perfect or that my opinions are the only right ones. I simply said I could do just as well as our current GM. I'll stand by that without question.

As for Mike Brown, with the way he runs things, there are a lot more fans than me that question his desire to win. He gets questioned by the mainstream writers and called cheap by plenty of more people than Bengals fans. I will stand by my statement that Mike Brown values money more than winning. As for me, I simply said that my desire to win would never be able to be questioned. Didn't say I would win. Didn't say I'd do a good job. Never said I even deserve a shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - J24 - 03-14-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - CJD - 03-15-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - muskiesfan - 03-16-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-16-2017, 07:50 PM