Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes
(03-16-2017, 02:24 PM)Dill Wrote: You just said that if life must be taken, then it should be done "in person," because life is sacred.

So dignify this with an answer: if there were a  troop of five armed Taliban on a mountainside making their way past a US COP, and you, as local commander, have the choice of sending US troops to meet them or taking them out with a drone, which do you choose? 

Life is sacred so you should save American lives, or life is sacred so your troops should take the same risk as the Taliban, "one on one"?

I'm not sure of your end game here, but it has gotten quite tiresome.

I would prefer a direct fire engagement that included positive identification, provide them with a chance to surrender their arms and perhaps themselves (as they may be acting against their will), and if required a direct fire engagement that focuses on destroying the enemy while doing all in my power to avoid collateral damage or friendly casualty.

The Taliban are human too. Ask yourself which form of engagement you would prefer if you were the Taliban or worse yet, just some local villager forced to walk with them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes - bfine32 - 03-16-2017, 02:33 PM