Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown: Lack of honoring former players 'probably my fault'
(07-29-2015, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How strange is that?  

KB - I would hire a GM.
MB - I won't hire a GM, but I'll be dead eventually and leave the business to you, so hold tight, I guess.

It's just so strange to me that someone can be so cognizant of things and yet so detached that he can shrug and say "Welp, someone else can do it when I'm dead!"

That's Mike Brown for you. He saw how his dad ran the team, and he believes that's the way you run it no matter what kind of change goes on around you. If you read Paul Brown's biography, you find out that while he was stubborn, he would accept some kind of change.

Keep this in mind, Mike took over in August of 1991, officially. We went through a dark time in the franchise with loss after loss. It wasn't until 2003 when Mike Brown hired a HC outside of the organization. Shula, Coslet, and LeBeau were all promoted from within.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown: Lack of honoring former players 'probably my fault' - Bengal Dude - 07-29-2015, 05:55 PM