Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comp picks dictating FA approach
(03-16-2017, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right.  Here's the thing though, we have a unique situation to most fanbases......we have to deal with Mike Brown.  His track record speaks for itself, literally.  Without a salary floor and Tobin/Marv's personnel moves and drafts...the 90s would still be alive and well.  The salary floor made him spend, and these people talked him out of players like Krapernick.  

When you tell people their opinions mean squat, and they are "simple", you are going to face some backlash.  I have posted stats, links, articles, etc in the past to back up my opinions, I'm not going to regurgitate them over and over to play someone's marionette.

Right. I understand your point but Fred has a good point too (did I just say that?)

I'll use the analogy of an tech company environment.

It's unrealistic to expect every developer to be a top performer in their field. No company will ever have all top employees in their field, even Google.
However, if there's been a lack of performance and it's been from the same individual or group consistently, that company should probably be looking to find ways to improve those areas. That may involve letting people go to bring in new talent, investing more/differently in improving the person/group's performance, or something else.

What it really comes down to is fans are getting tired of the "status quo" and really want to see some change. The fans expect an organization to make changes that will improve the team in the needed areas, but care most about just seeing SOME change to attempt to improve. Ebb and flow is more exciting than stagnation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - J24 - 03-14-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - CJD - 03-15-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-16-2017, 07:50 PM